POSITION SPECIFICATION: Accountant/Reporting Analyst
Spigot is a leading provider of browser add-ons, extensions, mobile applications, and monetization components for software developers worldwide. It was founded in 2008 in the heart of Silicon Valley by two entrepreneurs with 40+ years of combined internet and software experience. Spigot’s team of dedicated engineers has decades of experience working at leading software companies and continue to impress some of the web’s most recognizable brands. To date, Spigot has developed projects for and continues to work closely with Yahoo!, Ask, Yandex, Baidu, CNET, and BitTorrent.
We work relentlessly to ensure that our solutions are at the cutting edge of browser technology, ultimately focusing on enhancing the end users’ browsing experiences. With our solutions, we also provide application developers with multiple methods of software distribution and monetization based on data driven optimization. These experiences and successes in the desktop arena, lead us into mobile, where we build custom applications and provide further monetization and distribution solutions.
In August 2015, Spigot was acquired by Genimous Investment Co. Ltd., a company incorporated under the laws of the PRC with its stocks listed in the Shenzhen Stock Exchange. The company became a fully-owned subsidiary of Genimous.
In order to continue to grow the business, Spigot is establishing its new HQ in Fort Myer, FL in 2016 with sales/marketing/R&D functions. The finance/accounting and general administration functions is based in Kansas City, MO.
Reporting lines: Directly report to Financial Controller of Spigot
Work location: Kansas City, MO
Direct Reports: none
Responsibilities and duties will be varied and will include:
– General Ledger: participate in various aspects of the general ledger close process including the preparation of journal entries such as month-end accruals and amortization of prepaid expenses, prepare account reconciliations, maintain fixed assets records and post depreciation expense;
– Bank Reconciliations: perform daily/monthly bank reconciliations;
– Accounts Payable: review invoices and employee expense reports, assist with entry of invoices and expense reports as needed;
– Accounts Receivable: review customer payments, coordinate with Finance on past due accounts, assist with entry of customer payments as needed; create aging report and follow up on collection of receivables;
– Extract, analyze, and prepare data for analysis and inclusion in the balance sheet and income statement variance reports;
– Intercompany transactions reconciliation and settlement;
– Assist with annual statuary auditing;
– Review and monitor financial statements of subsidiaries;
– Assist with conducting internal control testing for operational audits;
– Support controller and finance department for any other projects;
– Liaison with China Finance HQ in providing required financial reports in timely manner;
Skills and Key Competencies:
– BS/BA in Accounting or related field is required
– Minimum 3 years’ experience in the preparation and maintenance of financial records is required
– Working knowledge of various accounting software is highly preferred
– Strong MS Excel, Word and Outlook skills required
– Detail-oriented with ability to manage projects from inception through execution
– Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
– Ability to meet communicated deadlines
– Ability to multi-task
– Strong analytical skills
– Chinese language communication skills strongly preferred